“There are three ways to ultimate success: The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind.” –Mr. Rogers
Join us in participating in the Month of Giving challenge! As a family, if you are able, let’s share the joy of giving this holiday season.
- Opportunities to Help, Volunteer Marshfield
Our community is filled with opportunities to show kindness in the form of giving or serving others. Some of these opportunities may be altered due to COVID-19, but there are still many ways to contribute.
(Click “volunteer now” button, then click “needs” to see all the volunteer opportunities OR use the search function to find the type of work or agency that interests you.)
- Giving Time
- Various non-profit agencies
- Your church or faith organization
- Your school’s PTA
- Local pet shelters
- Give Needed Items
- Purchase a toy for Toys for Tots/Salvation Army
- Give Blood
- Donations to food banks
- Donate food or money to NOW (nutrition on weekends) program – through United Way
- Find a local “angel tree” – some local churches run programs
- Participate in your workplace collections for holiday giving
- Donate your gently used items to local thrift stores or clothing closets
- Money Donations
- Non-profit agencies take monetary donations to support their programs.
- Give $ to Salvation Army bell ringers this holiday season
- Social media sites and local newspaper articles often highlight needs and opportunities to give in your community. Word of mouth is another way to hear about worthy causes and area needs.