We are excited to tell you about the Marshfield Area Great Diaper Drive that is scheduled for May 2 – May 18, 2019. This project is supported through the United Way, the Marshfield Area Community Foundation’s Women’s Giving Circle Fund and the Sunrise Rotary. Our group has been created through the Leadership Marshfield class of 2018/19. The goal of this drive is to help “wipe” out the overwhelming diaper demand and relieve the pressures on the families that are struggling in our community.
Did you know?
• Diaper need is the lack of a sufficient supply of diapers to keep a baby clean, dry, and healthy
• 1 in 3 Wisconsin families reports experiencing diaper need
• 5.2 million children in the U.S., aged 3 or younger live in a low-income home
• Diapers cannot be obtained with food stamps
• 2 out of 3 families experiencing diaper need are working—often more than one job to make ends meet
• 45% of families experiencing diaper need have a head of household who holds a Bachelor’s Degree or higher
Our goal is to collect the equivalent of 500 packages of diapers through purchased and monetary donations. These will be distributed through local non-profit organizations with the United Way serving as the pass-through agency to ensure those in need are able to obtain items needed.
Marshfield Area Chamber of Commerce & Industry, United Way, Walgreens, Shopko, Target, Festival Foods, Forward Bank, Simplicity Credit Union, Pick N Save, Marshfield Mall, Trinity Lutheran Church and Christ Lutheran Church.
Make a Monetary Donation.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Meranda at 218.289.5091 or Alex at 715.305.9129 or by email at email@example.com.