Mental illness is more common than you think. One in five Americans live with a mental health condition. Nearly one in seven U.S. kids and teens has a mental health condition. Only half will seek treatment (NIMH). Let’s work together to change this!
Get Connected. Get Help.
We all struggle at times. Let’s commit to being kind to each other.
There are many helpful suggestions from a great website, Bring Change 2 Mind, to help decrease mental health stigma. This website offers a chance to send someone you care about a thoughtful card or text when you aren’t sure what to say. Check it out: https://bringchange2mind.org/learn?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9dSCyaDs5AIVwZJbCh0-pAj_EAAYASAAEgLV-_D_BwE
It is a challenge to cope with the emotional, physical, and mental effects of the pandemic. Knowing people care goes a long way to lessen the pain.
Send 3 thoughtful digital cards to people you are care about.
Do you ever wonder if it is the blues or depression, anxiety, or real fear? The pandemic is causing significant emotional, physical, and mental effects. How do you know when it is time to seek help?
What is mental health?
- Mental health includes emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel and act; determine how we handle stress; relate to others; and make choices. Mental health is important at every stage of life.
- If you experience mental health problems at any age your thinking, mood and behavior could be affected. Many factors contribute to mental health:
- Biological factors, like genes or brain chemistry
- Life experiences, like trauma or abuse
- Family history of mental health issues
- Mental health issues are common. One in five Americans live with a mental health condition.
- Help is available. People with mental health problems can get better and many recover.
Do you want to learn more?
Mental Health Myths and Facts https://www.mentalhealth.gov/basics/mental-health-myths-facts
Not sure if you or someone you know is living with mental health problems?
Mental Health America offers mental health screening tools online.