- Identify strengths and how you use them/how they are helpful for you
- Promote positive problem solving and the idea that problems can be solved
- Look to the past – when have you coped well? – write it down
- Practice positive self- talk (I can handle this…)
- Build positive routines and self-care
- Identify and practice positive coping strategies to help you in difficult times
- Acknowledge your achievements
- Keep track of the good things in your life – consider a gratitude journal or list
- Remember feelings change – bad feelings do not need to last
- Accept responsibility for your actions and for changing your behavior if needed
- Create positive relationships and connections
- Keep things in perspective – how big is the problem? Is it only a part of your life?
- Normalize set-backs – everyone has difficulties in life sometimes
Some time in the next week, make a list of your strengths.