In order to manage stress, we need to know what our triggers are, practice self-care, and don’t be afraid to ask for help!
Five things about staying mentally healthy
Don’t let stress take over your thoughts.
Remember it is okay to take a short break when needed… recharge, refocus, and reduce your stress.
Ten Ways to Managing Stress:
- Know your triggers and how they affect you. What makes you stressed?
- Take care of your physical self – get enough sleep, stay hydrated, eat well.
- Build reliable supportive relationships. Stay connected with your supports.
- Do some deep breathing to calm your physiological and emotional responses.
- Intentionally practice routine self-care skills.
- Organize your time and build routine into your day – with flexibility.
- Take short breaks when needed to recharge, refocus, and reduce stress.
- Develop and practice positive coping skills to utilize during times of stress.
- Set boundaries and limits – know when to kindly say no.
- Ask for help – to solve a problem or to get support.